Monday, December 2, 2013

Website Building

Our last project for Digital Communication's class is to build a website! 


Strategy:

As of right now, my strategy is to get a job and begin working after college for a few years, and perhaps go to graduate school after making enough money to pay for graduate school. Therefore, my website's objective will be to attract employers. Of course, I will need a couple of more internships to build my resume before landing an actual job post-grad, and therefore this website will first be showing the skills that I have developed and learned from past internship experiences as well as from my classes here at Furman. I also intend on looking for jobs overseas in Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Shanghai - and therefore I may add Chinese text to let employers know that I am bilingual. It is important to note that I am looking for but not limited to public relations firms, magazines, or advertising companies.



Scope:

Things that I will need in order to brand myself include -


  • Contact form (this will include email and phone number)
  • Widget that will link to my Facebook page
  • Will create a Photography section page that will showcase the photography work I have done for City Weekend magazine in Shanghai and for The Paladin Newspaper
  • I will my include my resume that has all my past experiences 
  • Because I am possibly attempting to land a job at a magazine, I may also create a section on the website for writing samples
  • About me section that will talk about my background and history that I feel like will probably be what sets me apart from everyone else, but won't be too extremely lengthly. Will keep it short and concise. 
5 Inspirations:

I love this simple layout, with four sections neatly on the top, against  a single solid yet eye-catching and bold color. I guess you could call me a minimalist. I also love the idea of the main background showcasing photography skills. It's a show, not tell kind of concept.







Again, I love the simplicity of these little icons (if that's what you call it! :O) at the end of the website that don't distract and are easy to click on, with all the icons placed neatly one after another.


I love this website! It is so cool, so clean and so fresh. 

I particularly like the idea of the very simple logo in the center against the beautiful landscape.



If we have learned anything from our last couple of readings, it is that we want the website to be user-friendly and I believe this website has achieved that. When you scroll down the page, it has a "scroll icon" on the left that isn't too distracting. Also, a little bar at the bottom appears with the company's address and other information.



I also really like this website that does online marketing campaigns and how they show off their past experiences with these three pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment