Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Point Me Towards The Future

Mission Statement

This summer, I had the opportunity to work at a public relations firm based in Shanghai, China. The firm itself had a broad range of services that they provided to clients, and one of those included event-planning. I found myself becoming more and more passionate about this industry as I had the privilege of working backstage of a children's fashion show as well as participating in and lending a hand in various aspects at a historical event in Beijing. In the future, with the knowledge and experience that I have gained from this internship, I hope to pursue a career further at a similar firm after graduation. I don't know exactly how this class will play into my future goals, but for right now I am a photographer for the Furman Paladin newspaper on campus so I was excited to learn that we would be working with Adobe Photoshop so that I could improve my skills. I've never really made any videos before, so what I hope to learn from this class is how to produce professional videos, podcasts and other types of digital communication that are effective.


Topic Ideas

Non-profit/Community Service organisations in Greenville 

  • Habitat for Humanity
  • Meals on Wheels
  • The Blood Connection
  • Miracle Hill


Healthy Eating/Living for Children

  • New Impact: A Healthy Lifestyle Program
  • Phokus (a club on campus whose focus is on healthy living)
  • Greenville Health System
  • LiveWell Greenville





No comments:

Post a Comment